Help! Strange pages are showing up in my stats!
This is possible if someone have copied your webpage contents along with statcounter code to their webpages and as a result their webpage stats are included in your statcounter account.
This can be stopped by changing your security code and then re-generating and re-installing code on your webpages. Here are the steps for changing your security code:-
1. Log in your statcounter account.
2. Click on small wrench icon next to project name
3. Click on Security Code link.
4. For 'Generate New Security Code?' select Yes from list and for 'Enable or disable security checking?' select Enabled from list.
5. Hit Submit button at bottom.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.